Kisses for all of your family!

This is one of my students, Ximena, and I'm afraid she didn't quite understand when I asked her to say a Christmas message for my family, because she said the whole thing to me, but she got it at the end! She usually takes classes with another girl, Deborah, and they are both very funny. Our first class (two hours) was mostly spent singing our favorite Madonna and Journey songs, many parts of which they had hilariously misinterpreted.



About her sending kisses to you, "besos" is actually a very common (even in the workplace) sign-off from an e-mail or voice mail. Many of my students struggle a lot with finding an appropriate translation, because ending an e-mail to the US with "kisses" would probably not be taken as intended, particularly between men...

No comments:

Post a Comment